Monday, February 20, 2023

TTRPG Judge advice: The benefits of running a daily blog

The benefits of running a daily blog

For the past one hundred and sixty one days I have sat down at my computer or on my phone and have banged out a blog entry. Regardless of an event, date or time I have made sure to complete it and get it up. From my birthday to Christmas to spending nearly a night in the hospital I made sure to get my entries done and dusted.

It's a constant in my life that helps me mentally focus and gives me a sense of achievement and satisfaction every single day. It also helps me with my GM'ing as I will always use the creatures within my games. Lastly it connects me to many of the people within the TTRPG universe. I strongly suggest every single reader to start up a daily project. It doesn't have to be on a blog you could write it in a book, paint it or randomly roll it up. Consistency is key the subject isn't the point.

In saying that you could dedicate it to a certain specific focus within the TTRPG landscape. I love monsters and creatures. I love the fluff, art splashes and the stats. I love all of it. So I decided to write one a day for an entire year.

Starting off was hard. Finding your own writing voice isn't often something that comes easily or quickly and I'm still learning. But I really do enjoy my work. And I hope you all do as well. 

I encourage you to use my creatures within your games. Set them loose into your world and scare your players.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TTRPG creations: 366/730: Mok'Pok

Pink and purple skin pulsates in patterns. Large eyes leer in loops, full figure eights. Unblinking eye contact draws the victim in. A timid...