Wednesday, August 17, 2022

TTRPG Judge advice: A campaign to the end of your life.

 

As a TTRPG enthusiast, judge and player a goal I have had is to run a game large enough and long enough that it runs my natural life span. I see videos pop up on my youtube feed about thirty year long games. Of judges and players building characters, cities and stories centered around a campaign. Of friends coming together both young and old and celebrating friendship, life and a shared love of everything TTRPG.

While contemplating my own demise sounds morbid at first I feel at peace knowing that my campaign will continue on while I am gone. I aim to catalogue the ages, stories, characters and events of this campaign for as long as I am able. I think this will be the first step forward in a new journey as a TTRPG judge.

I will be using the Labyrinth Lord system with slight tweaks and changes (looking at the LotFP encumbrance system how could I not) and adding in sizeable chunks of Patrick Stuart's monsters. While adding in my own splashes and dashes of home brew content. For the campaign I'm looking to run all of Greg Gillespie's mega dungeon works. I'll keep play testing ACC, creating new tables, adding new classes and giving updates on this campaign.

Time to take the next big step in my TTRPG judge career!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TTRPG creations: 366/730: Mok'Pok

Pink and purple skin pulsates in patterns. Large eyes leer in loops, full figure eights. Unblinking eye contact draws the victim in. A timid...